Total Views

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mini-Blog

So we finally made it as south as we planned. Arica Chile was not what I expected. Actually, I don't expect anything out of a new country anymore since I'm always wrong lol. Chile is the Costa Rica of South America. It was super nice, full of stores, and some pretty women (not as many as Costa Rica though lol).

We spent two days going around poor areas and visiting churches. We weren't approached by one opportunity. The poor area wasn't all that poor and the churches were all locked up or unreachable. We even visited a volunteer organization called a roof for my country and they too were closed. I wouldn't say Chile is TOO nice for our help, but I do feel God was leaving the doors closed there. If it were up to me I would definitely go back for a vacation or a birthday (Lucky Cory).

We are now on our way back to Peru where we feel our help could be used the most. Besides were going to be closer to Lima and that is the spot where we are flying home from. I love you all! See you November 14!

Oh ya we had a super long taxi ride so Cory, Elias, and I used our artistic skills to create a beautiful picture. Hopefully I can post it with this blog. I also endured my first earthquake today! It was a small one, but the first one nonetheless!

Jordan out!

 

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely mini blog!
    you guys are so creative! haha
    earthquake! omg! that's intense small or not.
    Sunday can't come soon enough!
    j boodi needs to get his boodi home, because you are missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice art work with the thunderstorm, house, tree, and what i think is a chicken lol.
    how was your first earthquake? we don't really get 'em in florida.
    judging by the first picture in your mini-blog........... YOU ATE A GUINEA PIG. yuckyyyyy.
    I kinda sorta miss your face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love the artistic skills...I can't wait until you all get back!! I'm so glad this trip was so awesome for you all! Miss you J Boodi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. is that guinea pig?
    2. I love the drawings... who is longing for America, drawing a flag?
    3. small or not, earthquake=scary!
    4. I miss you and love you and am praying for you.
    Can't wait until the 14th!!!!

    ReplyDelete