Total Views

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nicar-Rica mi blog-sita

I am not a big fan of Nicaragua. It's.as hot as the volcanoes that surround it, it's quite dirty, and the people stare at you constantly. I did have a few observations though.

 First off, it is a country in need. Poverty is not an uncommon sight amongst these people. Almost everywhere we went, we were asked to spare cordobas (nica-currency) constantly.

 Secondly, on a good note, there are many great organizations we met with who have done some amazing things. One by one hosts an enormous youth group which consists of troubled teens who have gradually changed into good people because of the fun services one by one hosts. Life Link is an organization I am very fond of. They constructed a beautiful school campus in one of the more poor parts of town.  They already began school for pre k and kindergarten. The future plan for this group is to have kids into highschool attend. The lack of education is such a problem here. So it is amazing to see some people trying to make a difference in that aspect. Finally we packed up and boarding the Tica Bus for Costa Rica.

NINE HOURS LATER! We arrive in what appears to be spanish New York without any skyscrapers. We have now been here for two whole days and it has not stopped raining (not an exaggeration). We haven't gotten much done since it's raining all day, I've been super sick, and Dan has had an allergic reaction lol.  So Elias and I received our shots!!! And we did some souvenier shopping.

I don't know if yall know this but the women here are BEAUTIFUL. Everywhere we go we are just constantly surrounded by drop dead gorgeous women. I may never go home lol. I prolly missed a few key thing that have happened on our journey so I'll list them now.

We met a goofy korean dude who stayed with us cause he was scared to stay alone.

 

I saw iguanas and monkeys in Nicaragua!

 

I bought a fresh new pair of fake adidas which I used to step in a large mound of cow poo lol

 

We did a good deed at an orphanage with the most precious children.

 

We stayed at Pablos house. Good guy leaving us with a good story. Ask if you wanna hear it.

 

I gave cory a fresh haircut! Kinda gangsta lol but he wouldn't let me go full on gangsta wit it.

 

We met a nice doctor lady from denmark who we bought dinner.

 

The Costa Rican nurse who gave me my shots was, needless to say, very pretty ;)...

 

My new pick up line..."hola bonita, quieres recidencia americana? ;)"


I was trying to figure out a way to get a picture with this hot girl in the market, when Dan basically jumped out and took a pic of us. Nice.

 

I MISS AND LOVE YOU ALL!!!

-Jordan Aboodi

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear Pablo's good story. Life Link and One by One sound like great organizations that are making a HUGE difference. lol and nice pick up line. by the time you come home you'll have a nice album full of pretty ladies from different countries lol mmm and try to avoid stepping in anymore dung. i miss you and feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha dude you are such a ladies man! It's quite impressive! I would like to hear Pablo's story as well. I am pretty jealous of you being able to see Iguanas and Monkeys lol.

    I love you man and I'll be prayin that God gets rid of that sickness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have iguanas in Boca Raton Fl, and Monkeys in Silver Springs... sorry to be a buzz kill! ;) heheh!
    Love you Jordan. And seriously with the lady friends...
    Hoping and praying that you all feel better soon and that the rain stops!
    love and miss you,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha jordan, i love you...have i told you that recently?? you are so funny with your posts...make my day :D

    ReplyDelete