Total Views

Friday, October 8, 2010

BLOGota Colombia!!!!!

Where was I? It's been a while since I last blogged. I'll just begin with our entrance into Panama.

 

After our stupid long 14 hour bus ride we arrive in Panama at 3 in the morning. We decided to kill some time by watching How I Met Yuor Mother out front of the bus station next to an ATM. Needless to say we attracted a couple curious Pandamanians interested in our show lol.

 

We finally arrived to Perry and Nancy's home where we stayed for the time being in Panama. Perry is a missionary who has traveled to many countries doing God's work. Nancy is his wife who treated us above and beyond gresat during our stay. Thank you so much Nancy!!

We met and built relationships with a couple churches and missionaries. We even set up a computer lab for one of the churches which turned out pretty awesome :). Then after a little shopping at El Costo (the cheapest most awesome clothing/department store ever) we were prepared to move on out of there.

This is the moment I've been waiting for! And so has Elias lol. We hopped on a plane to Colombia.

Colombia is such an eye opener. The city is full of life and full of people. You arr constantly next to giant beautiful mountains that you are convinced are fake, but there not :). The souveniers are much nicer than other countries and the weather is cool thank God! I have been thouroughly impressed by this country so far. Tomorrow were going to try and meet with people and keep our eyes open for good deeds. Wish us luck!!

 

Throughout this entire journey there are details I missed, so here they are in brief.

 

The Diablo bus is the local city bus that turn into transportaion/nightclub at night lol oh ya blacklight and flickering lights all over ha.

 

We helped push a guys dead car and Dan was rewarded by getting bit on the ankle by a stray dog lol don't worry he's fine.

 

The water went out in all of Panama city. Then the very next day the power went out. I guess were bad luck? Lol

 

Me and Cory bought hand paddles and a sticky ball for a dollar. We put the paddles on hands, feet, face LOL dollar well spent.

 

SAFETY!

 

I got random baggage checked at the airport! Figures but they didn't have to take my new fishing scale... :( I was looking forward to weighing some fish!

 

Who woulda thought our hour flight was better than our Five hour spirit flight. We were fed a meal by some purdyyy flight attendents. And the airplane had radios. Awesome.

 

Colombian women are almost as pretty as Costa Rican women lol

 

I ate cow hoof meat today and it was disgusting lol

 

There are donkeys all around Bogota. They're actually kinda cute.

 

Colombian coffee is no joke... Amateur coffee drinkers, you've been warned.

 

That's about it.  I'll try to write more often Lauren!  Hey Mallory! This is a special shoutout for you! Special much ;) and Bobby your name has been mentioned the most one this trip. Thanx for your support. I miss and love you all!

-Jordan Aboodi

6 comments:

  1. Yayyy!!! I got a special shout out! lol your blogs are like reading a tv show..they're amazing!! :) i miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jordan i love how you always reference pretty ladies you've seen! makes me laugh. you're blogs keep getting better and better! i miss you like crazyyy boiii! love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a difference between...
    THERE, THEIR, and THEY'RE

    JUST SAYING...

    I love you little bro.

    Sometimes I read your blog out loud to anyone around me at that time and we laugh ALOT. Like Nithya, who is my roommate now. We are laughing. hahah

    I hope you get to see Juan Pablo's Family! That will be soo neat!!

    Seriously who buys a fish scale on a 3 month backpacking rip?!

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha okie doke. I am now curious as to how/why my name has been mentioned the most on the trip. If you could explain, that would be crazy awesome. :)


    By the way, the bit about the hand paddles and the sticky ball is great lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you weren't fooled by the mountains beauty. lol and from hanging out with my brother, a bunch of guys saying safety is something i'll be sure to avoid in the future. ha you WOULD buy a fish scale on a backpacking trip :) i wonder if cory tried the columbian coffee?
    love you and miss you butthead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love jboodi blogs :)) they make me laugh and smile! i miss you x46237596129 jordan. and im very curious as to why you have a fish scale on this trip? hahah. cow hoof meat = repulsive. i got a mental picture of you going crazy and getting all excited about the Diablo bus hahah. love the sticky ball/hand paddle game. oh yeah, and i love you. :D

    ReplyDelete