Total Views

Friday, October 15, 2010

I Think I'm In Love

I think I'm in love with South America. Once we began the journey in Colombia I instantly felt drawn towards the beautiful landscapes and wondrous culture. I was so stuck on never leaving Colombia because of it's greatness but I was so oblivious as to what South America had in store.

Our bus ride, although 30 hours, was such an amazing journey. Although it seems impossible, the nature around us seems to continue becoming bigger and better. We have come across mountain ranges so incredible that they seem to dwarf whatever mountains we saw in central america. Enough about this, on to the next on....ECUADOR

The border was freezing and no one knows why lol the temperature seemed cool or warm in Quito which felt amazing.  I'll tell you what's not amazing...waiting outside to get your passport stamped in that Antarctica of a border. I swear we could control our shivers.

Our host in Quito, Diego, is great! He has a great family provides us with amazing hospitality, and assists us on any travels in the area.  He even joined us on our most epic adventures of the trip. To start the day off he took us to mount Cruz Loma where we were lifted up near the top. The view was so amazing! I'm very seldom speechless but standing up there took the words right out of my mouth.  Me, Cory, and Elias ran ahead while Dan had some time to catch up talking with Diego. High altitude isn't so fun lol my walk up the mountain felt like the last stretch running a marathon. But reaching the almost basically top LOL totally worth it!

So after the mountain we still had some energy so we visited the center of the Earth!! What an amazing once in a lifetime experience. We were so eager to start taking silly pictures but we had to wait for some Ashley Sickle chicks to finish doing yoga and bridges on the equator LOL But once those popsickles left we went at it taking fun pictures. There's something liberating about being on to hemispheres at the same time ;)

The next day we woke up at 430 and left for Bano where we explored, shopped, and did a good deed for a group of single moms. We then took a bus to Puyo where we are now.

 

People I Miss: Mom, Dad, Alex Strachan(A-Strack), EJ (bro bro), Janna, An, Hector, Bobby, Moshua lol, Mason, MALLORY, Beka, Stephanie, Lauren, Jamie (fo sho!), JUAN PABLO!!, Ashlee, Zach Boon, VICTORIANGSTY!, Marissa(M-Clark), Joseph, Lynn (and the babies y'all come with), and AMELIA!

 

if you question why your on my list, It is because I've thought about you this trip and love you dearly.

 

I hope to write again soon. ALTO CINCO! Lol

7 comments:

  1. dear butthead,

    from all the pictures, everything just looks beautiful. i can't imagine what it would've been like seeing it all in person. what confuses me is why the equator would be cold. lol i thought it was supposed to be very hot. reading your blog has never failed to make me laugh or smile in some way. :)

    p.s. Do me a favor and tell Jordan i miss him.

    Sincerely, FANNY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the pictures! the mountains look SO beautiful! i wanna go ! I miss you so much jordan! you don't even know when you called me that night i was SOOO happy! i smiled the rest of the way home. totally made my life. i love you and i'm glad to see that things are still going well!

    you can come home now :)

    also, i like how there is a (fo'sho) beside my name. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JORDAN!!!
    first I love the pictures, is that an outhouse? and why is Cory sitting on you at the equator?!?! heheh! love it and miss your goofies!
    Thanks for the shout out and I am jealous of your epic adventure up the mountain, SOO COOL!!!
    love you, miss you and praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. J-Boodi!!! You are incredible! I miss your stories, even though I can pretty much hear you telling them in the messages, hearing you in person is so much better. I hope I get to hear from you soon!! I'm always praying for you goof balls, miss you and love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Popsickles is going to be SO excited you mentioned her in her blog. And will be happy to add your Handstand Equator pic to her alloveryoga.com

    Miss you bro! Even if you miss EJ and Alex more than me. hahahaha

    Pictures are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSS! i love jannas post shes finally learning! ;) bro im number 4 up there (im sure its not in any order) but bro that makes me feel good hahahahaha! no homo but all nighter at my hizzle when u get back! we have a lot to catch up on! i miss you bro bro bro bro bro bro bro... bro thats a lot of bros lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna make you smile whenever your sad,
    carry you around when your arthritis is bad
    All i want to do is grow old with you

    Ill get you medicine when your tummy aches
    build you a fire if the furness breaks
    oh i could be the man who grows with you

    I miss you, kiss you,(no homo) give u my coat with u r cold, i need you, feed you, even let you hold the remote control.

    so let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink. put you to bed when you've had to much to drink
    oh i could be the man that grows old with you! hahaha

    love ej. the one above is mine as well lol this is off the wedding singer btw.

    ReplyDelete